About Tech Alchemy
Tech Alchemy builds some of the most exciting startups in the world. In the past year we have built products featured by Apple, Amazon and BBC. We have helped raise over £20m and exited twice.
We’re a group of developers, designers and data scientists accelerating hand picked startups. Our services cover multiple parallels including App design, website design, branding, SaaS dashboard, software development, business analysis, and funding.
We are now looking for an ambitious and self-driven Mid-Senior UX Designer to join our rapidly growing team.
- Breakdown a design brief/idea and plan for the discover & UX strategy phase and choose the right UX research method to solve design problems
- Plan and conduct user research and create UX outputs, such as personas, user flow, information architecture, user journey and wireframe.
- Turn research and testing findings into design concepts, at varying levels of fidelity – from sketches to wireframes / rough UI designs.
- Create design specification documents that address validated customer and business problems and are comfortable to present research findings, designs and their rationale to clients.
- Collaborate with Project manager and UI designer to create alignment on messaging and design solutions
- Solid understanding of UX design principles and processes and have experience in working at all stages of the research and design process.
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, and/or waterfall production methods
- Experience in design agency preferable or from a single product
- Strong communication both verbal and written
- Strong skills in design software, especially Figma
- Ideally have experience in design agency or a single product
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant design field or equivalent practical experience
Be Agile and Adapt fast - We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy, happy in the knowledge people will be challenged on their ideas.
Be Open and Honest - We encourage experimenting, seeing failure as learning, believing it’s about being pragmatic and achieving a balance between speed and quality.
Be Humble - We don’t appreciate egos, shouting the loudest doesn’t make your idea the best. Instead we believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
Our Workstyle - We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership, our Leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves when needed. We value the right work/ life balance. A lot of us have families and anyone that’s been on that journey will tell you its unpredictable and requires flexibility
Be Positive! - When it comes to the workplace, your mental attitude plays a role not just in how others perceive you, but your job satisfaction and performance. Considering we spend around forty hours a week at work, you can see the value of fostering a positive mindset in your job.
- A very competitive starting salary + bonus
- 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) + your birthday
- Personal development allowance for courses, conferences or anything else to help you progress
- The latest equipment that you will need for your role
- Hybrid Remote/Office working (3 days a week in the office)
- Team lunches and social events regularly
- Private health package with AXA Health
- Employee Discounts via Charlie Perks (Instant vouchers, and discounts on countless high street retailers)
- A weekly lunchtime allowance every Friday, on Deliveroo
Only applicants with a portfolio/personal website to be considered. Ideally, it will be a personal website with 3-4 projects, but other formats are fine as well.